Removal of COVID-19 Protection Framework
The Government announced the end of the COVID-19 Protection Framework (CPF) effective on 12 September 2022. Important points to note:
- All government mask-wearing requirements removed, except in healthcare and aged care facilities.
- Individual agencies may still require mask wearing for certain work, following a risk assessment process that has identified a need.
- All Government vaccine mandates end 26 September2022.
- Individual agencies may still require vaccination for certain work, following a risk assessment process that has identified a need.
- Only people who test positive with COVID-19 need to isolate for 7 days. Household Contacts no longer need to isolate.
Continuing to meet HSWA by managing COVID-19 Risks at an Agency Level
Be prepared to:
- Regularly engage with workers and their unions and H&S representatives.
- Undertake and regularly review COVID-19 H&S risk assessments and any controls to manage these.
- Provide training and support for managers and workers.
- Promote vaccination for all workers.
- Monitor official websites regularly to keep up to date with current guidance.
- Keep managers and workers informed through regular communications and by maintaining up-to-date information on internal platforms.
Staying home and recovering
- Ensuring that people who are unwell are supported to stay at home to fully recover, minimising the risk of spreading any illness to others.
- Taking suitable time to recover from COVID-19 is also considered to lower the risks of suffering from long term health impacts (including Long COVID)
This page provides general information for health and safety leaders and practitioners of state sector agencies. For specific Covid-19 guidance and to up-to-date official information and resources please regularly check the sites below:
- www.covid-19.govt.nz(external link)(external link) or www.moh.govt.nz(external link)(external link) for the latest updates and current Covid-19 information, resources and tools (including wellbeing / mental health).
- Long COVID - MOH(external link)(external link) infromation from the Ministry of Health in relation to Long COVID.
- www.worksafe.govt.nz(external link)(external link) for health and safety information, guidance, and resources for PCBUs. Includes information on operating safely at each alert level.
- www.publicservice.govt.nz(external link)(external link) for specific public service/sector guidance. May include specific requirements, expectations or principles as determined by the Public Service Commissioner, and links to additional sector guidance (e.g. Government Property Group, Privacy etc).
- www.mentalhealth.org.nz/get-help/getting-through-together(external link)(external link) for guidance and resources to support mental wellbeing during Covid-19.