The Government Health and Safety Lead (GHSL) provides practical support to chief executives and senior leaders of government agencies to enable their personal leadership of health and safety for the benefit of all New Zealanders.
The GHSL works with 38 public service and other government agencies to:
- strengthen system capability
- build cross-sector relationships that sustain learning and intelligence about what works
- raise awareness of issues and opportunities
- support sharing of proactive and joined up responses
- develop system resources where is it practical to do so.
Tina Paterson - Director
Tom Boderick - Principal Adviser
Millie Thompson - Senior Adviser
Debbie Bridge - Senior Adviser Workforce Development
The Government Health and Safety Lead's website is sponsored by the Accident Compensation Corporation and WorkSafe New Zealand.