Graduate Health and Safety Programme
Recruitment update on our 2021 Graduate Development Programme
Due to the impact of COVID19 this year, we are unable to run our scheduled 2021 H&S Graduate Programme.However, if you are graduating and would like to register your interest in applying for any entry level H&S roles, please contact us at email@example.com and provide us with the following details:
- Qualification received or expecting to receive after graduation
- Availability to start work
Looking to start your career in Health and Safety?
We have the programme for you! Our graduate programme is an 18-month, Wellington-based development training programme that will help provide you with the skills and experience to start your career as a Health and Safety professional.
About the programme
Our structured training programme includes:
- A supportive induction programme to help get you quickly up-and-running
- On-the-job learning opportunities designed to expose you to a wide range of H&S issues
- Ongoing support and mentoring to help you progress your career
- A great cohort of graduates to support and grow alongside you
Our H&S Graduate Programme will prepare you with the insights, experience and level of competency required to become an H&S professional.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for graduates who want to build on their completed studies and have genuine interest working in health, safety and wellbeing in the public sector and contributing to make New Zealand a safer place to work.
Graduates must be:
- Recently graduated and studied in New Zealand, obtaining a Level 6 Diploma/OHS degree or relevant Occupation Health and Science papers in health and safety, health, psychology
- Eligible to work and live in New Zealand
- Available for full time (40 hours a week, Monday to Friday inclusive) employment
What’s in it for you?
You will be employed by a government agency and placed in their H&S team as a new H&S coordinator. You will gain experience across a broad range of areas and access development opportunities to get the competency and work experience to start your career.
During your work you will be exposed to a wide range of perspectives, internal and external stakeholders and opportunities to work closely with other government agencies. It’s exciting and challenging work that will see you looking at a variety of government’s diverse environments and broad range of health and safety risks that public servants operate in.
The selection process helps to identify key skills and qualities that will enable you to be successful on the programme in your health and safety role. There are five stages:
- Apply online
- Video interview based on competencies
- Written assessment
- Competency based interview
- Reference and vetting check process
How to apply
When applications will open late August for the 2021 programme. As this is a new programme, there will be limited number of spaces on the programme. We will be advertised on following sites:
- GHSL vacancies page
- MPI careers page
- NZ University Career Hub
For more information about our graduate programme, contact the GHSL team on 0800 HS LEAD or at firstname.lastname@example.org.