The GHSL has 38 member agencies who collectively employ more than 200 health and safety practitioners, ranging from co-ordinators and entry level advisers through to experienced professionals, specialists and managers.
As Health and Safety has become an even stronger focus for government agencies, the demand for H&S practitioners is growing across the sector.
The GHSL can support our member agencies by providing:
- Free advertising and promotion of public sector, health, safety and wellbeing vacancies.
- Offering GHSL summer intern and graduate programmes provide an entry-level pathway for university students and graduates.
Tips for job hunters:
- Sign up for job alerts from Jobs Govt NZ www.jobs.govt.nz(external link) selecting the category “workplace health and safety”). If you are looking for entry level roles, look at selecting categories such as H&S co-ordinators and administrators, or H&S graduate roles.
- Sign up for job alerts directly from agencies that interest you.
- Register your details on our job seekers database. Any one can register their details on our 'GHSL job seeker database' which are kept confidential. If we hear about any agencies advertising for staff we will forward on the advertising details.
Want to place an advert with the GHSL?
The GHSL will be happy to advertise any health, safety and wellbeing vacancies for our 38 member agencies. Please contact the GHSL Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Check out our latest vacancies in our sector below - Currently we have no vacancies at this time.