Applications for our Graduate Programme will open late August 2022.
We will be advertising on the following sites:
- MPI Careers page
- NZ university Career Hub
About the programme
Our H&S Graduate Programme will prepare you with the insights, experience and level of competency required to become an H&S professional. Our structured training programme include:
- A supportive induction programme to help get you quickly up-and-running
- On-the-job learning opportunities designed to expose you to a wide range of H&S issues
- Ongoing support and mentoring to help you progress your career
- A great cohort of graduates to support and grow alongside you
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for graduates who want to build on their completed studies and have genuine interest working in health, safety and wellbeing in the public sector and contributing to make New Zealand a safer place to work. We are looking for:
- Students who have recently graduated and studied in New Zealand, obtaining a degree in relevant papers in Health, Safety, and Wellbeing, Psychology, Human Resources, Law, Education etc
- That you are eligible to work and live in New Zealand
- That you’re available for full time (40 hours a week, Monday to Friday inclusive) employment
What's in it for you?
You will be employed by a government agency and placed in their H&S team as a new H&S coordinator.
- You work across a broad range of areas, diverse government environments and health and safety risks that public servants operate in.
- You’ll access development opportunities to get the competency and work experience to start your career.
- You will be exposed to a wide range of perspectives, internal and external stakeholders, and opportunities to work closely with other government agencies.
For more information about our graduate programme, contact the GHSL team on 0800 HS LEAD or at firstname.lastname@example.org.