Senior Advisor – Health and Safety Capability, Kāinga Ora Homes and Communities
- Are you a Health and Safety subject matter expert with experience designing and delivering organisational development solutions.
- Are you passionate about enhancing Health and Safety learning and capability within an organisation?
- Delivering training across New Zealand, willingness to travel will be essential for this opportunity.
- Location: Wellington or Palmerston North
- $108,859 per annum, with 5 weeks annual leave plus Kiwisaver plus a suite of insurance benefits
Mō mātou - Our organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
We are looking for a motivated and experienced individual to join us as a Senior Advisor – Health and Safety Capability. In this role, you will work closely with stakeholders to collaborate, plan, and identify health and safety training needs. You will play a vital role in developing training materials and delivering learning solutions to enhance the skills and knowledge of our employees.
As the Senior Advisor, you will support the advisory team functions and provide delivery and training plan aligned with operational priorities. As this role has a national focus, there will be a periodic requirements for travel.
Join our team today and be part of an organisation that values your expertise, fosters a culture of continuous learning, and makes a real impact on the health and safety of our people. Apply now to contribute to our mission and help us create a safer and more secure work environment for everyone.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- Extensive experience in Health and Safety training and organisational development.
- Strong understanding of stakeholder collaboration and planning processes.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and developing effective training materials.
- Proven ability to deliver engaging and impactful learning solutions.
- Knowledge of risk management and Health and Safety culture enhancement.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to align with operational priorities.
- Ability to travel nationally to deliver training.
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits(external link).
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz(external link). Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.email@example.com
Applications close 25 September 2023.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.