In June of 2020, the GHSL and WorkSafe Reps successfully launched a short online de-escalation workshop, which was in response to an immediate need identified within the sector from the Covid-19 pandemic.
Following last year’s success in which we ran 13 courses with over 130 participants attending across more than 34 public and private sector agencies (not including our sector partners who ran their own tailored workshops).
We are pleased to be able to offer further training in 2021 and be able to keep the low cost of $150+GST per person.
Our current dates are:
- Thursday 3rd June; 9.00am - 1.30pm via Zoom
- Tuesday 13 July; 9.00am - 1.30pm via Zoom
This 3-hour online workshops have has been designed for any frontline public sector worker who is dealing with the general public either by phone or in a controlled working environment.
By attending this workshop, you will learn:
- How to recognise verbal cues and flags being displayed by customers who are becoming agitated, angry, or stressed.
- How to deal with confrontational, derogatory, or intimidating situations.
- How to use practical tips and strategies to de-escalate situations.
For more information check out our course outline Documents/De-escalation-Course-Outline-12June-2020-v2.pdf [PDF, 128 KB]
To register, visit the WorkSafe Reps website(external link)