In June of 2020, the GHSL and WorkSafe Reps successfully launched a short online de-escalation workshop, which was in response to an immediate need identified within the sector from the Covid-19 pandemic.
Since June, we have run 13 courses with over 130 participants attending across more than 34 public and private sector agencies. A few of our sector partners have also taken up the opportunity to have a slightly more tailored workshop run for their agency staff.
These ½ day workshops provide workers with common understanding on how to recognise physical signs, verbal clues and flags that their customers are becoming agitated, angry or stressed and the knowledge on how to de-escalate the situation on the phone or working in a controlled environment/space.
Our 2021 workshop dates are:
- New - Tuesday 2 February; 9.00am - 12.30pm via Zoom
- New - Wednesday 9 March; 9.00am - 12.30pm via MS Teams
- New - Wednesday 17 March; 1.00pm - 4.30pm via Zoom
- New - Tuesday 23 March; 9.00am - 12.30pm via MS Team
- New - Friday 2 April; 9.00am - 12.30pm via Zoom
- New - Wednesday 7 April; 1.00pm - 4.30pm via Zoom
- New - Tuesday 20 April; 9.00am - 12.30pm via Zoom
To register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange your bookings for you.
Documents/De-escalation-Course-Outline-12June-2020-v2.pdf [PDF, 128 KB]