COVID-19 – preparing for alert level 2
On 7 May 2020, the State Services Commissioner Peter Hughes wrote to agency Chief Executives about their preparation for Alert Level 2.
The Commissioner’s message outlined key principles for public sector agencies including;
• Agencies must meet Alert Level 2, WorkSafe and public health requirements
• Return to the workplace should be managed gradually
• Alternative ways of working are encouraged
• Staff wellbeing remains a priority
• Agencies should continue providing support for staff working from home
• To ensure regular communication, particularly engagement with staff and unions.
The State Services Commission, Government Health and Safety Lead and Government Property Group (GPG) have been working together with the PSA to develop practical guidance for agencies. Based on common principles, the guidance is aligned but tailored to different areas.