Our privacy commitment
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) collects, uses, and discloses information as part of its role to prevent, detect, investigate, respond to, and resolve non-compliance and offending.
We understand that the way we use and hold information is important to maintain the public’s trust and confidence.
We are committed to ensuring the privacy, security, and confidentiality of all the information we hold.
- privacy by collecting only the information we need and using it only for legitimate purposes
- security by keeping data safe from unauthorised access and use
- confidentiality by only releasing identified personal information where there is a lawful purpose
Meeting our obligations
We liaise with the Privacy Commissioner, the Government Chief Information Officer and the Government Chief Privacy Officer to ensure that we follow ‘better practice’.
We always work to meet the privacy principles of the Privacy Act and Health Information Privacy Code, as well as the privacy and security measures we apply to govern our management of information.
Any concerns or questions about information privacy or security can be raised with our Chief Privacy Officer at CPO@mpi.govt.nz or Private Box 2526, Wellington 6140.
Your privacy and our website
Each time you come to our website, www.healthandsafety.govt.nz, we collect basic technical information such as your domain name, referral data, and browser type.
We use this information for website management and statistical purposes only. We do not use it to identify individual users.
You can voluntarily provide personal information through our contact us page. You can ask for details of this personal information we hold, and request corrections to it, by contacting email@example.com. Any information you provide to us will not be shared with any other person in a form that will identify you, except where
- you consent
- it is required or permitted by the Privacy Act
- otherwise permitted by law.
The Ministry for Primary Industries gives you access to our website, www.healthandsafety.govt.nz, to provide you with general information about the Government Health and Safety Lead function.
- We are doing our best to keep the site accurate, up to date and useful for you. If there are ways we can make it better for your needs please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need professional advice you should see a professional adviser and not rely on this website.
- We provide links to other sites for your convenience. We are not responsible for the content or the copyright of these websites.
- This website will keep changing as we improve it and keep it up to date.
- The Copyright Act gives you the right to use a reasonable proportion of the website for private study or research.
- We give you a licence to use any amount of the website for personal use (but you can’t change anything) as long as you acknowledge where you got it. Acknowledging should look like this: © Crown Copyright 2019, Government Health and Safety Lead).
- We will readily give permission for commercial or institutional use but please ask us first (email: email@example.com). We will not give permission to anyone to change our material or for any misrepresentation.
- If you want to use our information on your website it will usually be better for you to put in a link to our site which will mean your reference will be more up to date.
- This is a Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 New Zealand under Creative Commons http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/nz/. This licence does not apply to any logos, emblems and trade marks on this website or to the website’s design elements.