Career Opportunities (Vacancies)
Health and Safety has become an even stronger focus for government agencies, the demand for H&S practitioners is increasingly growing across the sector. The GHSL can support our member agencies by:
- Offering free advertising and promotion of public sector, health, safety and wellbeing vacancies using our 2,600 followers on LinkedIn.(external link)
- Promoting the HASANZ H&S Generalist Career Pathways which enables recruiters and managers to make sure they recruit the best candidates for their roles.
- Supporting to H&S practitioners via the Individual Career Guide to self assess themselves against the level of competency and core skills needed to be succesful for career progression and development.
- Running a Summer internship programme which showcases entry-level H&S roles which can provide gateway opportunities to full time university students and graduates who want to start their career as a health, safety and wellbeing generalist.
Register your details on our Job Seekers Database.
- Anyone can register their details on our job seeker database. Your details will be kept strictly confidential and on file for upto 12 months.
If you are interested in signing up, contact Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you directly with any advertised H&S vacancies that you are interested in.
Job Hunting? Check out our tips below:
- Sign up for job alerts from Jobs Govt NZ www.jobs.govt.nz(external link) selecting the category “workplace health and safety”). If you are looking for entry level roles, look at selecting categories such as H&S co-ordinators and administrators, or graduate roles.
- Check out the New Zealand Institute of Safety Management (NZISM)(external link) job board for the latest H&S vacancies too.
- Sign up directly with agencies for specific job alerts that interest you.