Privacy in the Public Sector Training
Registrations for the 'Privacy in the Public Sector' microcredential course are still open.
Starting on the on 9 October 2023, this six week course, is delivered online with interactive tutorials, and costs $995.00 per person+GST. The course is offered through Wellington Uni Professional at Victoria University with content provided by the Government Chief Privacy Officer (GCPO).
About this course
This micro-credential course is designed for busy working professionals who want to learn more about how to do the right thing when using people’s information.
Because it is offered virtually, it is an excellent opportunity for those staff outside of Wellington to build their privacy knowledge.
It is ideal for your work colleagues and privacy allies working in:
- IT, digital and security: how to apply privacy by design to enable privacy-enhancing solutions.
- Information management: how people-centred privacy can improve record keeping and archival practices.
- Human resources: how privacy considerations can lead to better management of employees’ and candidates’ personal information.
- Policy and service design: how people-centred privacy can help achieve the desired outcomes.
- Data analysis and programme evaluation: how to appropriately use and share de-identified information.
- Procurement and vendor management: how to ensure the vendor selection process leads to privacy-enabled relationships and contracts.
- Risk and assurance: how to integrate privacy risks into the agency risk management
“I didn't know privacy could have so much to it! This course was an extensive and valuable offering on all things privacy in the public sector.”
Testimonal from another participant
How to Register?
To learn more about the course content and register: Micro-credential Privacy in the public sector (wellingtonuni-professional.nz)(external link)